Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Needle in a haystack?

I couldn't find my needles. The Lorna's Laces dried beautifully, so I was all ready to start again and Poof! The bag with my sock needles disappeared. So I went to the LYS yesterday and got new ones. Guess what? Yep. Found them this morning. The trip to the LYS did score me another ball of sock yarn, though. >.< I'm so bad. its pretty. uhh....digging out the lable... Fleece Artist's Sea Wool Sock in a green/purple/yellow/pink mix. Spring-y colors to try to help my mood today. It is a bit heavier weight than the Lorna's and I think the size 2's will be just the thing. Im doing the ribbing with 1's though. I like me some firm ribbing.

Im mostly through with a hat for D, based loosely on the stitch pattern for the Snickett socks. I'll try to get a link up for that. It's not on Knitty, it's on another online knitting mag. I love the pattern. It looks like chain link fence to me. Slow going for this beginner with all the cabling, though. Even working without a cable needle. Looks great if I do have to say so myself.

No respect.

Pictures and links to come... when I have more time.
New Yarn Sea Wool : http://www.flickr.com/photos/90227533@N00/492614124/
chainlink hat: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90227533@N00/492614120/in/photostream/

No comments: