Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A New Direction

Hi hi!
I've just started on a path to RNY surgery. Gastric bypass surgery. I have been wanting to do this for years, but for one reason and fourteen others was forced to put it off. Now is the time and I'm very excited and a bit nervous. My surgery wont be until probably late July, due to the insurance waiting period.

The week after my first visit with my doctor I had a bazillion calls from all the pre-surgery appointments. Did I mention I didn't like doctors? Eeps! I've met with the nutritionist once. She didnt tell me anything I didn't already know. I'm trying different protein drinks and trying to eat like I had already had the surgery. It's tough. Confirmed just about everything I have read about the Isopure..umm.. clear drinks. Ugh. Tastes like a sweaty swimming pool. Anyone run into a unflavored protein that would go in a clear drink? And I've been trying the dry stomach eating. Wait 15 minutes after drinking to eat a meal and wait 1/2 hour afterwards That seems to be working. I did go thru a weird period of... eating strange things that I like that I didnt think were going to be accessible to me after the surgery, due to dumping or just delayed because of restrictions. That seems to have calmed down. Oh! My mom adds dry no sugar added Koolaid powder to sugar free jello to ramp up the flavor, I'm going to try this with vanilla protein powder shakes, Anyone tried that?

I have been on the search for an Iphone or Ipad app that would be useful for keeping track of my food and protein intake, but havent found one that is easy and efficient. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have my sleep study on Friday night, it is required by my doctor, I am not looking forward to it. I have never slept on my back, and I have the deep suspicion that I have issues when I am on my back. I absolutely fear a cpap machine. I'm slightly claustrophobic and having something on my face is going to freak me out. Really not looking forward to that.

On the knitting front, Ive been knitting socks and more socks. Ive also decided to cast on a sweater on the day of my surgery and see if I can finish it before I can fit into it... I'm knitting it for the size I want to be!

So many things going on!

No comments: